Italy | Venice | Full Moon | Rialto News

As soon as the Blizzard in Istanbul subsided I wandered off to Venice. I had four goals in mind:
  1.     See the Full Moon of January 12 over St. Marks Square
  2.     Check the news on the Rialto
  3.     Continue the Investigations into the life of Enrico Dandolo that I began on my last trip to Venice.
  4.  View the loot stolen by Enrico Dandolo and the his Venetian cohorts during the Sack of Constantinople (Istanbul) in 1204
 The Full Moon, partially obscured by clouds, over St. Mark’s Square (click on photos for enlargements).
 Another view of the Full Moon over St. Mark’s Square
 The Rialto Bridge across the Grand Canal. The current version of the 104-foot long stone bridge was built between 1588 andl 1591.
Actually there wasn’t much news on the Rialto. If I hear of anything I will let you know.
 View from the Rialto Bridge
Grand Canal from the Rialto Bridge

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey | Nusaybin | Church of St. Jacob | School of Nisibis

Turkmenistan | Tagtabazar | Yekedeshik Cave Complex | Part 2

Turkmenistan | Gurganj–Konye Urgench | Temür Qutlugh Minaret